Welcoming Diversity Workshop
NCBI’s award-winning Welcoming Diversity / Prejudice Reduction Workshop is a one-day, experiential program that has been presented to thousands of schools, colleges and universities, corporations, government agencies, trade unions, religious institutions, community organizations, and other groups throughout the world.
The Workshop consists of a series of incremental activities that helps participants to:
- celebrate their similarities and differences,
- recognize the misinformation they have learned about various groups, including their own,
- learn about and reevaluate personal attitudes and behaviors that are based on the impact of prejudice and discrimination,
- claim pride in their group identities,
- understand the personal impact of discrimination through the telling of stories, and
- learn hands-on tools for dealing effectively with offensive remarks and behaviors.
Participants interested in becoming Welcoming Diversity Workshop leaders may subsequently choose to enroll in a Welcoming Diversity Train-the-Trainer.
The Welcoming Diversity Workshop has been adapted to meet the needs of specific communities, including high schools and corporations.